The Dance Studio 2016-17 School Policies
1) Enrollment is for the nine month school year. I do not have new registrations and ask only those students that are committed to the year to enroll, especially when a class is full.
2) Consistent attendance is crucial for a successful learning environment. I encourage students to be involved in other activites, but please remember joining dance class is being part of a team. When students are constantly missing, it affects the learning and progress of the entire class.
3) Classes begin ON TIME! This is as important for Tiny Tots as the older students. Arrive in enough time to BE READY when class starts! Late arrivals disrupt the class and miss important warm ups. Please call me if you have an ongoing scheduling conflict.
4) All payments are expected to be paid according to the payment schedule. Alternate payments need to be pre-arranged.
5) Having the proper class attire is part of being prepared for class both mentally and physically. Your child may be asked to watch class if without their dance clothes.
6) There are classes on in-service & early release days!
7) There are no classes on days school is cancelled due to weather related reasons. You will not be notified of cancellation due to weather unless you live out of Boundary County. Classes will never be cancelled without notification for any other reason.
8) DO NOT ATTEND CLASS IF YOU ARE SICK!
9) The recital is considered part of the year's schooling and all students are required to be in the show BOTH nights.
10) Do not sign up for spring sports that will conflict with your dance class!
11) Class advancement is determined by attendance & effort as well as age & ability!
12) Make-up classes - Students can make up a missed class by attending another class close to their level with prior arrangement.
13) Parents are asked to drop off their children and leave the parking area to avoid congestion in the street. Please do not block my neighbors' driveways.
14) Registration forms are due the 2nd class.
Please feel free to call me if there are ever any problems or questions. Your children are important to me. My goal is for each student's involvement to be a positive learning experience.